Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 56 to 66 of 142
  1. #56
    Personally I think this is a fine fix. It slows growth so they stabilize and there are still ways for people get gold production

  2. #57
    Actually now i have had time to think about it..... i still think it could have been handled better, but what else could they do?????

  3. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by David Deal View Post
    Personally I think this is a fine fix. It slows growth so they stabilize and there are still ways for people get gold production
    Income [...] 1710 Gold every other day

    Easy for you to say.

    I basicaly just have spent high real money with a number of furnaces in mind. Now I'm stucked in the middle of my plans and, if could get back to the past, would have bought just one furnace and saved a lot of money.

  4. #59
    The cap should be applied to all players. 5 Gold Forges and 3 Gold Furnaces maximum. Everybody having more of these buildings, should get the buildings deleted and the money (1200 / 3000 gold) back for all deleted buildings.

    That seems fair to all old and new players.

  5. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    The cap should be applied to all players. 5 Gold Forges and 3 Gold Furnaces maximum. Everybody having more of these buildings, should get the buildings deleted and the money (1200 / 3000 gold) back for all deleted buildings.

    That seems fair to all old and new players.
    I would not say that is fair. It makes a more "level playing field', yes. But if I had invested in 30 Furnaces, deleting 25 of them and returning my 75,000 gold would remove the reason I bought the gold in the first place. I wouldn't want 75,000 gold sitting around, I'd want my money back. So does Kobojo return all the $$ I spent on gold since they released the Furnace and Forge, determine how much gold that money bought which would then be divided by the buildings' cost, then add the difference to my gold balance?

    That would be fair.

    But that's unrealistic.

  6. #61
    you must be true to yourself: For what reason did you buy so many furnaces? You wanted to have a great gold income for free (after 120 days the furnaces have already given you the investment costs). If the solution stays at it is, some players will have 30 or 50 furnaces, while others will only have 5. That cannot work in the long term. And this is what Kobojo should realize. That would be an imbalance until this game dies. Thats why it IS fair, to cap ALL players to 5 furnaces.
    With the 75.000 gold you can do a lot of things you would have done in the future. Sure, its not what you wanted, but to balance the game, its the only way. Maybe - as a compensation - there should be a 10% bonus or something. That would give you 82.500 gold back. 7.500 for free is not that bad.

  7. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    you must be true to yourself: For what reason did you buy so many furnaces? You wanted to have a great gold income for free (after 120 days the furnaces have already given you the investment costs). If the solution stays at it is, some players will have 30 or 50 furnaces, while others will only have 5. That cannot work in the long term. And this is what Kobojo should realize. That would be an imbalance until this game dies. Thats why it IS fair, to cap ALL players to 5 furnaces.
    With the 75.000 gold you can do a lot of things you would have done in the future. Sure, its not what you wanted, but to balance the game, its the only way. Maybe - as a compensation - there should be a 10% bonus or something. That would give you 82.500 gold back. 7.500 for free is not that bad.
    Not the point he was making at all...it wouldn't be fair because it would be basically tricking you into buying 82000 gold that you obviously would not have bought. At that point people would get refund requests, cost kobojo actual money, upset many customers, and more importantly, upset the marketplaces that would have to do the refunds. Your solution does achieve balanced, but with repercussion worse then the problem you are trying to fix...its like we can get world peace if we kill everyone.....

    -Dan

  8. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Caskey View Post
    Not the point he was making at all...it wouldn't be fair because it would be basically tricking you into buying 82000 gold that you obviously would not have bought. At that point people would get refund requests, cost kobojo actual money, upset many customers, and more importantly, upset the marketplaces that would have to do the refunds. Your solution does achieve balanced, but with repercussion worse then the problem you are trying to fix...its like we can get world peace if we kill everyone.....

    -Dan
    Exactly Dan.

    It's the equivalent of stocking up on something you want (spending $$), then having people from the store you bought it from come to your house and take it all away from you, leaving you nothing but store credit. I don't want store credit. I want my stuff or I want my money. See what I mean?

  9. #64
    What will be interesting is when the promotional pack come out with them in....... How many will you be able to purchase and what will the cost be????

  10. #65
    I know its hard to understand this, cause understanding would include, that you agree to lose gold (in the long term, after 120 days). Thats why I think I cannot persuade you, but I am adressing this to Kobojo. THEY have to know what its best for their game. Either having now some disappointed customers (but with a 10% bonus or even 20% it should be ok) or having a growing gap between the have and the dont-have and ruining the game in the long-term. Just an example: With 30 Furnaces you will be able to upgrade your evolution center every 4 days, no matter what level. That is just broken.
    I think its alone technically impossible to give the money ($$) back and even if, it would be very time consuming (to look what bonus etc. someone had, when he bougth gold). So we must find an other solution, that is good for the game and the players. For the game it would be good not to have too many furnaces. For the players, who bought more, there must be a compensation.

    @Dan Caskey: Sure, you not wanted 80.000 gold at once, but you wanted a lot of gold in the future. So its only a matter of time (and solving the problem to get nearly infinite amount of gold later.) I think, its more a mental thing. You wanted the "free" gold from the furnaces to buy things in the game. You not want to buy them directly. I can understand this.
    @Grim Jack: This is a virtual world. Some problems are easier to solve here and can not be compared to the real world.

  11. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    I think its alone technically impossible to give the money ($$) back and even if, it would be very time consuming (to look what bonus etc. someone had, when he bougth gold). So we must find an other solution, that is good for the game and the players. For the game it would be good not to have too many furnaces. For the players, who bought more, there must be a compensation.
    False, if you notice my earlier post, you are easily able to go over kobojo's head and get a refund through the google play store or the apple store even if Kobojo refuses you. If you show them this thread and explained you didn't get what you paid for they will refund it due to their ToS and then take it out of Kobojo's share. Its not a maybe or this could happen, its simply how it works. Like I said, you are right your goal of balance would be achieved but at a scorched earth policy that would hurt the game just as much as the removing of the furnaces.

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    @Dan Caskey: Sure, you not wanted 80.000 gold at once, but you wanted a lot of gold in the future. So its only a matter of time (and solving the problem to get nearly infinite amount of gold later.) I think, its more a mental thing. You wanted the "free" gold from the furnaces to buy things in the game. You not want to buy them directly. I can understand this.
    Again, we bought the furnaces with the same intent as one would buy a savings bond...initial investment paying out more after time. How upset would people be if the US Govt was like yea, all those bonds are now only worth face value, I know we tied up all your money for an extended period of time, money you would have never given us in the first place, but yea, we just changed our minds cause we don't like to pay out on promises. Also, if you have read this thread completely, you would notice that most people would have NEVER purchased the gold in the future. Regardless of if they even refunded us back 6k a furnace we would still be extremely upset. You seem to think that a lot of gold and not having to buy gold never again are the same thing, they most certainly not. The problem here is I think you believe the people that bought the furnaces exploited the system and are the "bad guys". Not at all, we are using the building 100% as intended, the problem lies with Kobojo and their inability to do math or look more then 3 days into the future.

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    @Grim Jack: This is a virtual world. Some problems are easier to solve here and can not be compared to the real world.
    This feels like a very generic reply that holds no merit. Just be cause the purchase is online and the product is virtual, doesn't make it not real world, its a simple customer interaction. You buy something, they give it to you, you give them money. If they don't give you what you bought, you get your money back, whether it be an apple or an online item.

    And in summation, think of it from an implementation and effect perspective instead of a results perspective. Not even Kobojo thought, at any point ever during this, removing them or changing them in anyway would be an answer due to the fact they were already sold and the refunds process would be more costly and hurtful to the game then just leaving the furnaces in.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •