PvP is Broken -- Again

I wrote more, but no one will read it. The point is the game is becoming less fun for me because PvP is becoming entirely about slow mutants with Retaliate and health orbs. It's similar to what happened before Kobojo nerfed area attack tags, but I have no idea how it might get fixed or if Kobojo even thinks it's a problem.
    Last edited by Jane Hayes; 09-18-2015 at 02:10 PM.

Banned
    Calm down .there is no need to get angry about
    Just buy more orb for your mutant.make more platinum mutant .and you will be ready to fight in the arena again

Quote Originally Posted by Jane Hayes View Post
    I wrote more, but no one will read it. The point is the game is becoming less fun for me because PvP is becoming entirely about slow mutants with Retaliate and health orbs. It's similar to what happened before Kobojo nerfed area attack tags, but I have no idea how it might get fixed or if Kobojo even thinks it's a problem.
    I'd say 90% have at least one tank with retaliate, but just yesterday I beat an Abe/GG/Tengu team with RnR/X27/Zombat.

There's always going to be 1 or 2 top themes for def teams. Part of the game is trying to figure out how to beat'em. When Brit tags were rampant and slaughtering teams in one shot, we had to adapt with strong Z/S/M teams. It worked.

It can be done!

I wouldn't say PvP is entirely of retaliate mutants, most of the time is is just tengu and sometimes buck, which are backed up by mutants like Apex, Buranka, Dragons Mother, Dezinger. I have only seen a few all retaliate teams, which are me (the person whom grim referred to), another player I saw with GG/Thor/Thor, and another who tried to copy my team.

Either way, PvP is all about adapting.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Jack View Post
    I'd say 90% have at least one tank with retaliate, but just yesterday I beat an Abe/GG/Tengu team with RnR/X27/Zombat.

There's always going to be 1 or 2 top themes for def teams. Part of the game is trying to figure out how to beat'em. When Brit tags were rampant and slaughtering teams in one shot, we had to adapt with strong Z/S/M teams. It worked.

It can be done!
    Mutant Reactor:
    Steampunk = 17 Spins, Gothic = 9 Spins, Girl Power = 5 Spins
    Superheros = 15 Spins, Japan = 5 Spins, Space Wars = 9 Spins
    Big Boss = 8 Spins + 1 Gold, Super Villains = 8 Spins + 1 Gold
    Movies = 4 Spins + 1 Gold, Elemental Squad = 10 Spins, Time Soldiers = 6 Spins

Gods of the Arena: 7 Spins so far

Where I'm at, I see a lot of retaliate teams, but I also see a lot of Boost teams of middling speed. In fact, due to his sheer damage output, Mr. Marvelous is usually my number one guy to take out regardless of the other Retaliate teams.

I still use speedster teams to defeat them with a decent tag, but my defense team is actually a mix.

Most of the top teams in the 30-35 EVO range include Mr. Marvelous currently - At least in the top 1%. Your mileage may vary depending on where you are, of course.

I'm currently toying with the idea of a 3 platinum Glubber team with all +curse items. The moment I can get level 3 Curse bonuses, I'm going to buy them and work towards it.

Number crunching says that should beat any team out there barring a 3 Platinum Buck Maurice team. It's fast enough that it gets 6 AoE attacks off before the slow mutants strike even once, which is enough to knock their power down to almost nothing and their Retaliate commeasurately.