please help with my pvp defense

Hi. I win pvp defense only about a qauter of the time. please advise me on my defense team. these are my toughest mutants.evo level 30, fame 81 surrent team: tricera tank, project x27, garlog

Tricera tank gold- 5870 att 11104 life 1761 boost speed 3.23 (he also has shield 13%)
    project x27 gold - 1370 att 6350 life 342 retaliate speed 13.16
    shell shock gold -4085 att 9132 life 1225 boost speed 4.55
    kontiki gold- 4977 att 8256 life 2986 wound speed 3.7
    garlog platinum- 4478 att 10465 life 1343 boost speed 4.55 ( he also has curse 13%)
    cezanne gold- 5033 att 10687 life 1509 wound speed 3.45 ( he also has curse 13%)
    anubis gold - 3858 att 8643 life 1157 curse speed 4.35
    buranka gold - 2419 att ( spread) 9201 life 725 curse speed 5 ( he also has drain life 14%)
    wampara gold - 4274 att 8740 life 1581 boost speed 4
    zombat gold- 1398 att 5556 life 419 wound speed 11.11
    undead soldier gold- 4849 att 8044 life 1794 boost speed 3.7 ( he also has critical 13%)
    bazzinger gold - 3112 att 8265 life 933 curse speed 5
    captain wrenchfury gold - 1805 att 5391 life 631 drain life speed 8.33
    I'm also training a platinum buck maurice
    thanks !
    facebook- Peter-john hamilton (cthulhu profile pic)
    Last edited by Azius; 11-13-2015 at 11:15 AM.

At your evo, you need to mainly use fast and medium speed mutants (basically lightning mutants, and speeds 5-7.5). X27 should be a staple, other good mutants you have are Buranka, zombat, possibly shell shock too..

X27-buranka-Shellshock is not a bad team
    X27-buranka-zombat is good too
    Mutant Reactor:
    Steampunk = 17 Spins, Gothic = 9 Spins, Girl Power = 5 Spins
    Superheros = 15 Spins, Japan = 5 Spins, Space Wars = 9 Spins
    Big Boss = 8 Spins + 1 Gold, Super Villains = 8 Spins + 1 Gold
    Movies = 4 Spins + 1 Gold, Elemental Squad = 10 Spins, Time Soldiers = 6 Spins

Gods of the Arena: 7 Spins so far

Quote Originally Posted by Howard View Post
    At your evo, you need to mainly use fast and medium speed mutants (basically lightning mutants, and speeds 5-7.5). X27 should be a staple, other good mutants you have are Buranka, zombat, possibly shell shock too..

X27-buranka-Shellshock is not a bad team
    X27-buranka-zombat is good too
    You forgot that buranaka is gonna be targeted by tag and if he doesn't die the retaliate will kill him which will left him with 2 speedsters and boom they die

Yes, but that can be said for a lot of other mutants; any mutant can be targeted by the tag and ultimately die. I was picking mutants which he has suggested. You can pair buranka up with Apex, which confuses the opponent.

Defense has a low ratio of winning, no matter how "good" your defense is. This is because players are smarter then computers, and battles are tag dependent (unless you are really high evo)

At evo 30, you should hope to have as many fast mutants as possible so your "computer" can unleash the tag as fast as possible. Whereas at evo 170, it really makes no difference (with exception of other high evos).

Also, I just noticed you have a bazzinger as well, which is also a good mutant
    Mutant Reactor:
    Steampunk = 17 Spins, Gothic = 9 Spins, Girl Power = 5 Spins
    Superheros = 15 Spins, Japan = 5 Spins, Space Wars = 9 Spins
    Big Boss = 8 Spins + 1 Gold, Super Villains = 8 Spins + 1 Gold
    Movies = 4 Spins + 1 Gold, Elemental Squad = 10 Spins, Time Soldiers = 6 Spins

Gods of the Arena: 7 Spins so far

Guru

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Howard is correct, winning the tag war at that evo is pretty important, so speeders are generally better.. If you want to make a rounded team try using

X27, Garlogg, Buranka.

The downside to it is that people will know you have a platinum mutant and you will be more likely to get hit. The Upside to it is that Garlogg is plenty strong and most people lingering at evo 30 wont have any real answer to it. Im not entirely sure what the popular choices are at 30.. but usually when I see a team with a full gene spread, I take boost mutants with me to answer uncertainty with raw power. Thats just me... In most cases they will either tag out Garlogg, or Buranka.. If they tag out garlogg, then they have to deal with buranka cursing everything and X27 getting free reign.. If they tag out Buranka, then they have to tread carefully because garlogg wont be very easy to kill.. and will likely facesmash anything that isnt Mythic. But like Howard said, there is no defense that wont have a lot of losses.. Doesnt matter what evo range you are in.. if you arent at the very top of the ladder.. you will have a lot of losses.