Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

How does the Matchmaking work?

Psy Captains, in this thread i am going to explain (and keep up to date) how the matchmaking work.
    [Re edited on December 11th]

HOW DOES THE GAME FIND MY OPPONENTS?

The game tries to match you again players of similar power. Ideally, the fight should not be too easy, not too hard, but challenging..

To do so, the game estimates the power of every player in the Global Tournament, based on the 3 best mutants in their collection.

Note: The number of points is also taken into account to match you against opponents.

After the fight, you are granted a number of points depending on how "difficult" the fight was (according to the game) : For example if you manage to win against somebody that have significantly more powerful creatures than you in its collection, you will win an important amount of points.

WHICH INFORMATION DOES THE GAME TAKE INTO ACCOUNT TO ESTIMATE THE POWER OF THE 3 MUTANTS INVOLVED IN THE MATCHMAKING?

The game takes into account various things such as the level of the mutants and their stars for example.

Have a great day in the arena Psy Captain!
    Last edited by [K] Hugo; 12-12-2015 at 03:45 AM.

How does Pvp work? (Exactly)

Hi! It's my first time posting in this forum so I'll start by saying that i'm sorry if this question has already been answered (I searched both this general section and the faqs one), and also for my grammar in case there are major mistakes, i'm not English.

It's a been a while now since I started trying to understand what are the criteria for the pvp in this game. I'm now at 24 level cap for my mutants (I believe it's called evo ?), for a total of 72 with my main team. Why do I when searching only get opponents with a combined level of 75-78-90+? Setting aside a few exceptions... I'm having a bit of trouble understanding what to do to stay at 50%. Combined with the fact that I only have 3 valuable combos to use, and after my attacks i get attacked 20+ times in a row D: . I noticed that after some number of attacks i seem to become like not attackable, but I can't really understand when that is (if ever). So I (as already said) have trouble staying at 50%, even with full gold and balanced team, even if winning every attack. I've even disconnected at 23% and riconnected at 68% one hour and a half later (losing the pvp bonuses for that season).

I'd like some clarification on the system and, if possible, also some advices on how to get out of this situation if possible, as it is becoming not so much fun, even tho i love this game D:

thanks!

The match making process is by points, you are matched with players close to you in points. The lower you are in the standings, the total number of different opponents you get matched with, means you can get attacked more. Example: comparing 100th place to 2000th place. At 100 there are less players with similar points range while at 2000 there are more different players in your range.

You are probably getting matched with more 75-78 etc because those are the more popular EVOs to be in. A lot of players strive to be either 25, or 30, etc.

I would assume for you that staying in 50% is harder then 1%, due to the fact that at 50% there is a lot more people attacking you, which is why Iwould suggest trying to advance further. What I usually do is get to the top 100, and then maintain my position. I recommend getting strong tags for defense and attack, they will help. Also, fight stronger players, they will earn you more points for a win, compared to if you win against lower level players. Example: Beating a lower level = 10 points earned, losing to one s 20 points lost. Compared to beating higher level oppoents will get your 20+ points; the higher the level, the more you get. If you lose to a higher level player, yuo will only lose 5. always. My personal best is 3000 points for a single win.

Get fast mutants like Autonorush, X27, etc, they will help you unleash your tag. Try to get 2000 points total in PvP; this is usually the cut off for 1%

THe fluctuating number attacks is most likely random. Sometimes players are active, sometimes not.
    Mutant Reactor:
    Steampunk = 17 Spins, Gothic = 9 Spins, Girl Power = 5 Spins
    Superheros = 15 Spins, Japan = 5 Spins, Space Wars = 9 Spins
    Big Boss = 8 Spins + 1 Gold, Super Villains = 8 Spins + 1 Gold
    Movies = 4 Spins + 1 Gold, Elemental Squad = 10 Spins, Time Soldiers = 6 Spins

Gods of the Arena: 7 Spins so far

First of all thanks for your answer! But are really current points the only thing that decides the matchmaking? I mean obviously current max Evo is taken into account, but I feel like your current number of gold mutants has some impact maybe? Thing is, i'm trying to understand if i'm in a bad spot (and going to like 25 evo or just raising it whenever possible can fix this) or it's just that the game is more about op tags than it is about actual strategy. I mean I enjoyed it when i found teams at my same level and if both of us had no tags it was all about having good attack selection and gene advantage... I don't find this to be the case anymore! So, leveling my Evo is eventually gonna put me in a spot where i'm matched fairly and going tagless can result in a victory? atm i'm matched so poorly that i find myself losing sometimes even with Eva/my strongest tag (6k+dmg), even if I spend lots of silver in smoothing the opponent selection D:
    To sum it up I guess the actual question is: Is this game eventually gonna be (again) about finding the best gene/mutant/globes setup or it's ultimately about having a crapload of strong tags?

Quote Originally Posted by Mormegil View Post
    First of all thanks for your answer! But are really current points the only thing that decides the matchmaking? I mean obviously current max Evo is taken into account, but I feel like your current number of gold mutants has some impact maybe? Thing is, i'm trying to understand if i'm in a bad spot (and going to like 25 evo or just raising it whenever possible can fix this) or it's just that the game is more about op tags than it is about actual strategy. I mean I enjoyed it when i found teams at my same level and if both of us had no tags it was all about having good attack selection and gene advantage... I don't find this to be the case anymore! So, leveling my Evo is eventually gonna put me in a spot where i'm matched fairly and going tagless can result in a victory? atm i'm matched so poorly that i find myself losing sometimes even with Eva/my strongest tag (6k+dmg), even if I spend lots of silver in smoothing the opponent selection D:
    To sum it up I guess the actual question is: Is this game eventually gonna be (again) about finding the best gene/mutant/globes setup or it's ultimately about having a crapload of strong tags?
    It's true they haven't exactly been forthcoming with the information on how points are decided. I'd guess to keep people from gaming the system.

It does get mildly frustrating for me when I lose 20 points to a guy who has 10% more Evo levels than me. "So you fought my level 33 mutants with your level 36 mutants? Shocker. Aaaaand the game has decided this was a really hard battle for you. Hunh."

And because the AI isn't exactly brilliant with its tags, the more you get attacked, the harder it is.

But Howard? Suggesting people get in to the top 100 and then stay there to minimize attacks isn't exactly helpful. "In order to win, you need to beat 249, 901 of the 250, 000 players. Then, you're golden."(Closer to 200, 000 right now).

I have noticed that max evo was only taken into account when I was not using tags in the game. When I started using tags, I started getting varying levels. Of course, this could just be a coincidence. Evo now is not a variable, as I am evo 180, and I get matched with players down to say evo 25, and upwards to evo 500. they are just players in my point/rank range.

The PvP is about tags, along with using a good team. For attacking, it is easier to dictate and use mutants according to what you think they have. I have about 10 mutants that I choose from, depending on the genes of the opponent. I also tend to use speeds 5+ and tanks 3.5-. My staple mutants consist of X27, Tengu, Apex, Abraham lincoln, Dezinger, Kitty Perry, Dragons Mother, Buranka, Buck Maurice, Lily (off the top of my head). I look and guess what mutants the opponent has, pick out suitable mutants, and select an appropriate tag (if needed).

Theres no 100% formula for points, but its is generally about evo. Occasionally the point total/rank comes into play. for example, say you have 20000 points, and a player with higher evo has for example, 15000 points, and wins, They will gain more points then the usual 10. Although there were a couple scenarios where a player with higher evo with similar points and I still lost 20 points. THis is probably due to what hugo said, that the quality of your mutant collection is also a variable; mainly your strongest mutants.

THe AIs are not exactly brilliant as you said, so I sometimes try to exploit this by predicting their moves. Facebook and mobile they have different behaviors. What I have observed were:

- On facebook, the mutants will use the tag on the 1st or 2nd try. The mutants will usually target a mutant which they will do the most damage (ie. X27 will attack Buranka instead of Buck), with exception of dealing the final blow to destroy a mutant. They do this carelessly even if the attacked mutant has retaliate and it would kill them.
    - On mobile, the tag will be unleashed the 2nd or 3rd attack. Most of the time the mutant will attack based on damage like previous. BUT they will avoid killing themselves with retaliate, and also avoid attacking retaliate mutants. (ie. is an X27 AI has to choose between attacking an Apex or X27, it will attack Apex. If X27 has to choose between Dezinger and Abraham, it would choose Dezinger, until dezinger has a shield, which it would then attack Abe unless it is close to being "suicided by retaliate"

I didnt say get to the top 100, what I meant to say get to the 1%. Getting to the top 100% is what I do.
    Mutant Reactor:

Quote Originally Posted by Howard View Post
    Theres no 100% formula for points, but its is generally about evo. Occasionally the point total/rank comes into play. for example, say you have 20000 points, and a player with higher evo has for example, 15000 points, and wins, They will gain more points then the usual 10. Although there were a couple scenarios where a player with higher evo with similar points and I still lost 20 points. THis is probably due to what hugo said, that the quality of your mutant collection is also a variable; mainly your strongest mutants.
    In reference to Hugo's statements on how the system works, please see his 2 posts which I've copied to this thread. They show up as the first 2 posts.

After reading all answers I still fail to understand why I am matched most of the time with opponents clearly stronger than me (they got full orbed legendary golden mutants while i don't), I guess the system doesnt give much value to a mutant being legendary (and thus having more space for orbs) or the quality of the orbs it has? (in my top 3 mutants only one is actually equipped with a level 3 orb) My initial post wasnt about points at all. I mean it could be a concern if I was facing people at my level, but as of now I'd be satisfied even by winning 10 points every time and going against mutants of the same level as mine x'D. Guess next season starting tomorrow i will write down every single attack it's proposed to me and my top mutants and see if everything is fine...
    Anyway thanks for the answers!

Quote Originally Posted by Mormegil View Post
    After reading all answers I still fail to understand why I am matched most of the time with opponents clearly stronger than me (they got full orbed legendary golden mutants while i don't), I guess the system doesnt give much value to a mutant being legendary (and thus having more space for orbs) or the quality of the orbs it has? (in my top 3 mutants only one is actually equipped with a level 3 orb) My initial post wasnt about points at all. I mean it could be a concern if I was facing people at my level, but as of now I'd be satisfied even by winning 10 points every time and going against mutants of the same level as mine x'D. Guess next season starting tomorrow i will write down every single attack it's proposed to me and my top mutants and see if everything is fine...
    Anyway thanks for the answers!
    As I stated before, that match making is against players around your ranking/point total. So the strength of players is not taking into account.

Strength of players is only used for point earning.
    Mutant Reactor:

Well that's what i'd call "well balanced", so. Guess i'll have to just use a lot of resources and attack a lot 20 minutes prior the end of the season to be sure to get the reactor token atleast...

Quote Originally Posted by Howard View Post
    As I stated before, that match making is against players around your ranking/point total. So the strength of players is not taking into account.

Strength of players is only used for point earning.

So if strength of player is used for point earning, why did I lose 20 points against somebody with over 25% higher levels than me?

All gold mutants. In fact, of the last 3 losses, not one was against my level - All were against higher levels than me - Some much higher - And in every case, I lost 20 points.