Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 23 to 33 of 41
  1. #23
    Guru

    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic


    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Wherever the wind takes me
    Posts
    220
    dude I know you are probably not suffer this situation or even you are the one that enjoying getting high points by beating low evo player..
    You really think so? DO TAKE NOTE that there is NO revenge button on wins greater than 10 points and losses greater than 5.. ALL of those fights were against players with MORE than 20 evo above me..
    ik27yjl.pngJgTYW9t.pnguDUip4P.pngBzXo5RX.png
    Notice the revenge buttons on fights that have +10 or -20 points? Because I dont chase people with lower OR equal evo.. The one loss with 20 points and no revenge button was an attack against a player with around 8-10 MORE evo than my own... That is why I dont chase people lower or equal in evo... anything LESS than 10 evo above me can give me that considering my collection.. SO YES... 10 points of slightly higher opponents is NORMAL..

  2. #24
    Guru

    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic


    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Wherever the wind takes me
    Posts
    220
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormegil View Post
    I'm just gonna add that if you havent got a lot of 100% reliable strong tags and are only evo 25 without legendaries (which they have) beating an opponent with 10/15/20 levels total on you is not exactly esily done. Buy I guess expexting it to be somewhat fun for regular/novice players is too much for those claiming it to be "easy"
    Just to be clear, I never said it was *easy*... I usually said it was hard but not impossible..

  3. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth Pocaigue View Post
    You really think so? DO TAKE NOTE that there is NO revenge button on wins greater than 10 points and losses greater than 5.. ALL of those fights were against players with MORE than 20 evo above me..
    Notice the revenge buttons on fights that have +10 or -20 points? Because I dont chase people with lower OR equal evo.. The one loss with 20 points and no revenge button was an attack against a player with around 8-10 MORE evo than my own... That is why I dont chase people lower or equal in evo... anything LESS than 10 evo above me can give me that considering my collection.. SO YES... 10 points of slightly higher opponents is NORMAL..
    I'm now in the top 7% just by revenging on players who lost against me.

    I just beat someone with a 30% evo higher and 2/3 platinum mutants and got 13 points. This was someone who had lost to me - I'm assuming because I'm using my critical hits and such in this one because I care about getting the mutant.

    I'm honestly mystified. I won 125 points and 141 points against people, but for the life of me I can't figure out why they were worth anything because similar levels, similar mutants and similar points totals can come back with being worth 10-20 points.

    I'm just avoiding the ridiculous fights right now because I have no idea if someone is worth the risk in fighting their much higher Evo.

    This is definitely my least favourite PvP.

  4. #26
    Guru

    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic


    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Wherever the wind takes me
    Posts
    220
    Quote Originally Posted by John MacDonald View Post
    I'm now in the top 7% just by revenging on players who lost against me.

    I just beat someone with a 30% evo higher and 2/3 platinum mutants and got 13 points. This was someone who had lost to me - I'm assuming because I'm using my critical hits and such in this one because I care about getting the mutant.

    I'm honestly mystified. I won 125 points and 141 points against people, but for the life of me I can't figure out why they were worth anything because similar levels, similar mutants and similar points totals can come back with being worth 10-20 points.

    I'm just avoiding the ridiculous fights right now because I have no idea if someone is worth the risk in fighting their much higher Evo.

    This is definitely my least favourite PvP.
    That is honestly one of the slowest ways you can advance. Fortunately, that is what most high evo players have to do throughout every PvP season so you are getting a taste of their experience. I have been playing this game since its first few weeks out, definitely since PvP was first introduced, so I can say that I am a veteran player, and that I have enough experience to know the struggles from almost all perspectives. I dont have the biggest fame, or the highest evo center, but there is a valid reason for that... I am a PvP player.. I completely understand your frustrations.. but my advice to help you progress would simply to be, *Aim High*..... the stronger your opponents, the better chances you have for getting good points.. In my case, at 46 evo, 15-20 evo higher is the safest place to farm higher points. So 33% more evo is what you want to be facing. anything less than that has a chance for the matchmaking scores to even out and you wouldnt get much from that.

  5. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth Pocaigue View Post
    That is honestly one of the slowest ways you can advance. Fortunately, that is what most high evo players have to do throughout every PvP season so you are getting a taste of their experience. I have been playing this game since its first few weeks out, definitely since PvP was first introduced, so I can say that I am a veteran player, and that I have enough experience to know the struggles from almost all perspectives. I dont have the biggest fame, or the highest evo center, but there is a valid reason for that... I am a PvP player.. I completely understand your frustrations.. but my advice to help you progress would simply to be, *Aim High*..... the stronger your opponents, the better chances you have for getting good points.. In my case, at 46 evo, 15-20 evo higher is the safest place to farm higher points. So 33% more evo is what you want to be facing. anything less than that has a chance for the matchmaking scores to even out and you wouldnt get much from that.
    I just faced a guy who had 131 level Evo to my 93. That's a 40% increase in Evo. He had a platinum Zombat with a higher HP than my platinum Tengu.

    I lost that one. And I lost 20 points.

    It's not just being faced against higher players all the time; It's that the higher players are worth next to nothing when I win. If I face a 50% higher Evo player or a lower player, I earn 10 points nearly every time. Sometimes, I earn more. Definitely not most of the time.

    So when you say 'Aim high', what are you suggesting? Fighting higher level evos isn't earning me more. It's just higher risk for no extra reward. Can you clarify what you mean by 'Aim high'?

  6. #28
    Guru

    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic


    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Wherever the wind takes me
    Posts
    220
    Quote Originally Posted by John MacDonald View Post
    I just faced a guy who had 131 level Evo to my 93. That's a 40% increase in Evo. He had a platinum Zombat with a higher HP than my platinum Tengu.

    I lost that one. And I lost 20 points.

    It's not just being faced against higher players all the time; It's that the higher players are worth next to nothing when I win. If I face a 50% higher Evo player or a lower player, I earn 10 points nearly every time. Sometimes, I earn more. Definitely not most of the time.

    So when you say 'Aim high', what are you suggesting? Fighting higher level evos isn't earning me more. It's just higher risk for no extra reward. Can you clarify what you mean by 'Aim high'?
    The wording here...
    He had a platinum Zombat with a higher HP than my platinum Tengu.
    based on your posts in the other threads you have quite a collection of Platinum mutants already.... Based on the wording, I could surmise that the player you attacked had 1... since you can only assume that the 3 mutants in defense are the the 3 best that they have due to the fact that you can only see those 3 mutants.... In the famous words of Hugo himself.. Literally taken from the first page in this thread..

    Based on how the matchmaking works, the only explanation i see is that the game considers you have better "top 3 mutants in your collection", which makes your matchmaking score higher than the opponent's score. As a consequence, you dont win much and lose big.
    Dont just aim for higher evo.. Aim for higher star rating... you want ALL the odds stacked against you in order to get those big points. Platinum mutants brought an insane power gap with them.. just try comparing the stats of a gold Mutant at your max level to the same mutant in platinum from level 1.. watch it as it levels and you will see how big the gap is in level when it catches up in stats.. This makes finding Gold teams or teams with Less platinums than you have (which is anything less than 3 because you have more than 3) undesirable... I would suggest since you already made more than 3 plats... to make some tanks... Behemoth, Dezinger, Thor, Haggis, or basically anyone below 4 speed.. Touching Genes are OK for offense.. Since you have an idea of what the enemy team will be before you face it and can choose appropriately to counter. When you start seeing people above 200 sum then you can assume they have more than 3 plats even if their defense is gold or less... thats when Star manipulation comes into play..

  7. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth Pocaigue View Post
    You really think so? DO TAKE NOTE that there is NO revenge button on wins greater than 10 points and losses greater than 5.. ALL of those fights were against players with MORE than 20 evo above me..

    Notice the revenge buttons on fights that have +10 or -20 points? Because I dont chase people with lower OR equal evo.. The one loss with 20 points and no revenge button was an attack against a player with around 8-10 MORE evo than my own... That is why I dont chase people lower or equal in evo... anything LESS than 10 evo above me can give me that considering my collection.. SO YES... 10 points of slightly higher opponents is NORMAL..
    Thanks for providing screenshots that prove that this season is NOT normal.. Many has also confirmed that they acknowledge something is wrong with this season and is different from previous season. You could keep saying it normal tho, you have the right to live the fantasy world..
    As for the best mutants, saying Buranka and Garlog as better or rated higher than other mutants is just personal assumption and has nothing to do with the kbj way of determining the score or mutants value just like you said, Garlog is not even in the top list of GM most used mutants, not to say that gene combination? Are you serious..? Despite being exclusive mutant, I and probably many would easily choose platinum Apex or Lily.. Facing 2 burankas also not giving me points more than 10, so yeah I don't think it's good for us to discuss this "best mutant" issue further, we are not heading to the right conclusion, you also keep coming with more and more of your own assumption like assuming crawlorax has higher rank, krunk is lower, grannyvore is lower,etc, which there is no way we could know about this currently, we can't just simply make our assumption to judge how this game works, how that works as if we know all things very well. our assumption has nothing to do with the current game scoring system itself.. This way of discussion has go against Ockham's razor. I'll just wait for kbj statement.

  8. #30
    Guru

    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic


    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Wherever the wind takes me
    Posts
    220
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans View Post
    Thanks for providing screenshots that prove that this season is NOT normal.. Many has also confirmed that they acknowledge something is wrong with this season and is different from previous season. You could keep saying it normal tho, you have the right to live the fantasy world..
    As for the best mutants, saying Buranka and Garlog as better or rated higher than other mutants is just personal assumption and has nothing to do with the kbj way of determining the score or mutants value just like you said, Garlog is not even in the top list of GM most used mutants, not to say that gene combination? Are you serious..? Despite being exclusive mutant, I and probably many would easily choose platinum Apex or Lily.. Facing 2 burankas also not giving me points more than 10, so yeah I don't think it's good for us to discuss this "best mutant" issue further, we are not heading to the right conclusion, you also keep coming with more and more of your own assumption like assuming crawlorax has higher rank, krunk is lower, grannyvore is lower,etc, which there is no way we could know about this currently, we can't just simply make our assumption to judge how this game works, how that works as if we know all things very well. our assumption has nothing to do with the current game scoring system itself.. This way of discussion has go against Ockham's razor. I'll just wait for kbj statement.
    Allow me to quote Hugo... As the player he was responding to had a similar experience, except that that player was tackling a slightly bigger evo gap than you are..

    Based on how the matchmaking works, the only explanation i see is that the game considers you have better "top 3 mutants in your collection", which makes your matchmaking score higher than the opponent's score. As a consequence, you dont win much and lose big.
    Now you can say that it doesnt apply because that players problem happened before this season and your problem is happening now.. except that you are trying to argue against the collective experience of data collectors that came to the same fundamental conclusion in regards to PvP EVEN in this season... THE HARDER THE FIGHT, THE MORE POINTS YOU *CAN* WIN.... And like I said... 4 evo difference... even at your evo.. is BARELY noticeable.. Tthe stats of YOUR best mutants can easily outweigh the stats of your OPPONENTs best mutants with a gap that *SMALL*.. resulting in a very EASY win which concludes to very LITTLE points... I am not the only person that has tested this... so STOP ASSUMING I am personally ATTACKING you (because you keep calling me names and your attitude is presumptuous and cynical whilst I am really trying so hard to refrain from calling you anything) and take the information that I am going out of my way to provide.. Oh and by the way... everything you have said regarding Mutant vs Mutant usage statistics can be surmised in one easy word *PREFERENCE*.. You are talking about Preference... My information does not entail preference.. Enjoy..

  9. #31
    Guru

    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic


    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Wherever the wind takes me
    Posts
    220
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans View Post
    Thanks for providing screenshots that prove that this season is NOT normal.. Many has also confirmed that they acknowledge something is wrong with this season and is different from previous season. You could keep saying it normal tho, you have the right to live the fantasy world..
    As for the best mutants, saying Buranka and Garlog as better or rated higher than other mutants is just personal assumption and has nothing to do with the kbj way of determining the score or mutants value just like you said, Garlog is not even in the top list of GM most used mutants, not to say that gene combination? Are you serious..? Despite being exclusive mutant, I and probably many would easily choose platinum Apex or Lily.. Facing 2 burankas also not giving me points more than 10, so yeah I don't think it's good for us to discuss this "best mutant" issue further, we are not heading to the right conclusion, you also keep coming with more and more of your own assumption like assuming crawlorax has higher rank, krunk is lower, grannyvore is lower,etc, which there is no way we could know about this currently, we can't just simply make our assumption to judge how this game works, how that works as if we know all things very well. our assumption has nothing to do with the current game scoring system itself.. This way of discussion has go against Ockham's razor. I'll just wait for kbj statement.
    Just to show you how negligible a few evo difference is....

    kkQ5yXi.pngBmOjjFu.pngffPbIXr.pngE2kFauU.pngndV8wD4.png
    Darn cant seem to upload the fight history to prove that +10 came From Ale....
    Last edited by Kenneth Pocaigue; 12-11-2015 at 12:23 PM.

  10. #32
    Guru

    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic


    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Wherever the wind takes me
    Posts
    220
    wgD3e0m.png

    And the last fight... This is why you shouldnt settle for opponents within 10 evos..

  11. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth Pocaigue View Post
    Just to show you how negligible a few evo difference is....
    Darn cant seem to upload the fight history to prove that +10 came From Ale....

    I love that you're using platinum Wind Spirit.

    A lot of people have said he isn't worth the loss in HP, but I can say without a doubt that he is well-worth it. Y'know who else I've learned is worth it? Darwin.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •