Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Guru

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Quote Originally Posted by John MacDonald View Post
    I love that you're using platinum Wind Spirit.

A lot of people have said he isn't worth the loss in HP, but I can say without a doubt that he is well-worth it. Y'know who else I've learned is worth it? Darwin.
    I have only one specific function for him... tagging... He is platinum, so theoretically he should have priority in speed ties.. When I know that I will be facing an X27 or something of similar speed, and the evo difference is only slight, then I use him to kill the tengu... Other than that, I dnt use him much outside of predicted Britany teams.. He is Absurdly strong with 2 attack orbs and critical orbs.. I dont need health on him because I dont keep him as reliable DPS... just put out the tag, let him die... if he gets more than one hit then that orb setup lets him actually do something worthwhile.. he doesnt live long no matter what you put on him so might as well play to his strengths instead of compensating for his weaknesses.. All mutants have a use.. even crappy gene combinations like Garlogg can serve a very specific function much better than any other mutant. Those augmented stats can become really really painful for opponents running slow cybers or galactics.. I dont have Garlogg though..

Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth Pocaigue View Post
    Allow me to quote Hugo... As the player he was responding to had a similar experience, except that that player was tackling a slightly bigger evo gap than you are..

Now you can say that it doesnt apply because that players problem happened before this season and your problem is happening now.. except that you are trying to argue against the collective experience of data collectors that came to the same fundamental conclusion in regards to PvP EVEN in this season... THE HARDER THE FIGHT, THE MORE POINTS YOU *CAN* WIN.... And like I said... 4 evo difference... even at your evo.. is BARELY noticeable.. Tthe stats of YOUR best mutants can easily outweigh the stats of your OPPONENTs best mutants with a gap that *SMALL*.. resulting in a very EASY win which concludes to very LITTLE points... I am not the only person that has tested this... so STOP ASSUMING I am personally ATTACKING you (because you keep calling me names and your attitude is presumptuous and cynical whilst I am really trying so hard to refrain from calling you anything) and take the information that I am going out of my way to provide.. Oh and by the way... everything you have said regarding Mutant vs Mutant usage statistics can be surmised in one easy word *PREFERENCE*.. You are talking about Preference... My information does not entail preference.. Enjoy..
    That guy tackling a slightly bigger evo gap? Do you even know how far the evo gap with my opponents I'm facing? Surely you are using your personal opinion here. How about you compare the real fact? You can easily see how many have complaint about season 66, and how many that complaint season 65.
    except that you are trying to argue against the collective experience of data collectors that came to the same fundamental conclusion in regards to PvP EVEN in this season...
    Why not you show me your great data collection of their experience? or you mean another collective of your personal opinion? Unless you can prove with the screenshots showing them in season 65 or before that season giving all of them 10 points in their game when facing higher evo and star then throw away the fundamental conclusion to the trash basket or you may need to change it to funda-mentally ill conclusion buddy.

Dont just aim for higher evo.. Aim for higher star rating... you want ALL the odds stacked against you in order to get those big points. Platinum mutants brought an insane power gap with them.. just try comparing the stats of a gold Mutant at your max level to the same mutant in platinum from level 1.. watch it as it levels and you will see how big the gap is in level when it catches up in stats.. This makes finding Gold teams or teams with Less platinums than you have (which is anything less than 3 because you have more than 3) undesirable... I would suggest since you already made more than 3 plats... to make some tanks... Behemoth, Dezinger, Thor, Haggis, or basically anyone below 4 speed.. Touching Genes are OK for offense.. Since you have an idea of what the enemy team will be before you face it and can choose appropriately to counter. When you start seeing people above 200 sum then you can assume they have more than 3 plats even if their defense is gold or less... thats when Star manipulation comes into play..
    It's good that you realize platinum start mutant gave insane power gap.. I've met 10 evos different with full 3 platinum doesn't gave me more than 10 points, let me remind you again that I only have 1 platinum which is Garlog, oh yeah sorry, again I forgot Garlog is exclusive mutant with augmented stats and exclusive one so he is worth more than 1 platinum, oh yeah that buranka too, even gold he is rated as 1 platinum probably isn't it or is it worth more than 1 platinum sir? Now I know why I'm losing big points against high evos and 3 platinums. oh yeah let's make this discussion into fully assumption without any real data provided by game dev, and although in reality the opponent have fully platinum mutant and high evos let assume their mutants is lower grade, their burankas is nothing compare to this or that mutants (according to the great analysis), Garlog is special blah blah blah.. Now people know that I am so smart at analyzing, yay..! who cares in reality is different, isn't it? That's cool bud..

Oh and by the way... everything you have said regarding Mutant vs Mutant usage statistics can be surmised in one easy word *PREFERENCE*.. You are talking about Preference... My information does not entail preference.. Enjoy..
    Preference? So you're denying the facts? Apex with the same boost ability like Garlog, faster movement attack and no weakness gene should rated lower than Garlog? Is that preference or real fact? This game has the concept that made so the player can only try to guess the gene of the opponents without knowing what is the real mutants they have, I can easily fool my opponent (especially those who love "stacking gene" mutants) with reverse gene strategy so they think I have my mutants in cyber which actually cyber is my 3 mutants second gene.. That's where gene like apex will works and easily win you most of the game without being fooled by your opponents, there is reason why he is in the top GM mutant list provided by kbj themselves and preferred by many. So no, I'm not using personal preference. Saying Garlog blah blah blah entail your preference.. In fact he is not even in the top GM mutant list.
    The analyzes and information you provide prove nothing in real games, why should I take the information(more like assumption) you gave? I'm here just to acknowledge there're major changes in the way of how PvP works, and not to discuss how the game works, how the mutants rated higher or lower with no/less credibility person or not in the game dev team. I only take information from game dev team not you or whoever, not even Grim Jack or Howard themselves although their words will have more credibility than most of us. I love how they are who have played this game for years, 150+ evo (real veteran) not even try to sound smart and stay humble, not try to analyze way too far that can't be proven in reality like some (self proclaim) veteran did.

my current evo is, 52, since kenneth did score them on evo 65+ and got 100+ points i tried too, but although winning over evos 70+,80+ i got only 10 points over my win no matter if they have 400 or more points than me i got only 10 points, this rules in this pvp is the worst possible to play, i think the kobojo team really want us to leave this game, if we loose always is 20-, if win always is +10, if we try highers evos and they fight back is -10 in balance, horrible setup.

Quote Originally Posted by [K] Hugo View Post
    Psy Captains, in this thread i am going to explain (and keep up to date) how the matchmaking work.
    [Re edited on December 11th]

HOW DOES THE GAME FIND MY OPPONENTS?

The game tries to match you again players of similar power. Ideally, the fight should not be too easy, not too hard, but challenging..

To do so, the game estimates the power of every player in the Global Tournament, based on the 3 best mutants in their collection.

Note: The number of points is also taken into account to match you against opponents.

After the fight, you are granted a number of points depending on how "difficult" the fight was (according to the game) : For example if you manage to win against somebody that have significantly more powerful creatures than you in its collection, you will win an important amount of points.

WHICH INFORMATION DOES THE GAME TAKE INTO ACCOUNT TO ESTIMATE THE POWER OF THE 3 MUTANTS INVOLVED IN THE MATCHMAKING?

The game takes into account various things such as the level of the mutants and their stars for example.

Have a great day in the arena Psy Captain!
    --" if you manage to win against somebody that have significantly more powerful creatures than you in its collection, you will win an important amount of points"--
    So, by upgrading to Platinum I'm basically screwing myself?.
    Been giving 20, taking back 10 from players I considered "stronger" current(67) & previous pvp's.
    What's the point of sacrificing two gold for a Platinum if in the end you'll be worst of than before?wtf.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Arturo Leon View Post
    --" So, by upgrading to Platinum I'm basically screwing myself?."
    Been giving 20, taking back 10 from players I considered "stronger" current(67) & previous pvp's.
    What's the point of sacrificing two gold for a Platinum if in the end you'll be worst of than before?wtf.JPG
    Is what it seems to be..., you work hard, spend money, credits, hours & strategies to be stronger than others of your level and now you are targeted to be taken down and turn out to be the source share to others many points but you yourself, will only collect -20 points each time defilling your precious few friend's tag. The many i won over only gave me 10 points, so few are giving me a little more points than this 10 and the explanation is it only because my.mutt's collection is better than my strong evo's opponents? i am very disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Howard View Post
    The match making process is by points, you are matched with players close to you in points. The lower you are in the standings, the total number of different opponents you get matched with, means you can get attacked more. Example: comparing 100th place to 2000th place. At 100 there are less players with similar points range while at 2000 there are more different players in your range.

You are probably getting matched with more 75-78 etc because those are the more popular EVOs to be in. A lot of players strive to be either 25, or 30, etc.

I would assume for you that staying in 50% is harder then 1%, due to the fact that at 50% there is a lot more people attacking you, which is why Iwould suggest trying to advance further. What I usually do is get to the top 100, and then maintain my position. I recommend getting strong tags for defense and attack, they will help. Also, fight stronger players, they will earn you more points for a win, compared to if you win against lower level players. Example: Beating a lower level = 10 points earned, losing to one s 20 points lost. Compared to beating higher level oppoents will get your 20+ points; the higher the level, the more you get. If you lose to a higher level player, yuo will only lose 5. always. My personal best is 3000 points for a single win.

Get fast mutants like Autonorush, X27, etc, they will help you unleash your tag. Try to get 2000 points total in PvP; this is usually the cut off for 1%

THe fluctuating number attacks is most likely random. Sometimes players are active, sometimes not.
    sujit was evo 68 6 higher and had only five more pvp points and i got 43 for beating him
    he had little red riding ax , raknruin, and lilly
    then beat alex at a combined 240 and only got 14

Quote Originally Posted by Howard View Post
    The match making process is by points, you are matched with players close to you in points. The lower you are in the standings, the total number of different opponents you get matched with, means you can get attacked more. Example: comparing 100th place to 2000th place. At 100 there are less players with similar points range while at 2000 there are more different players in your range.
    So...if the matchmaking process is by points and you get matched with players close to you in points...does the level of your mutants matter at all? Or the level of theirs more accurately? It would seem not as I am a player with only two level 15 mutants and the bulk of my remaining mutants level 11 or 12 yet my typical matchup is a team of combined level 90. Am I expected to win against such a team? is my only option to grind down my points to be low enough that I actually encounter players with mutants of similar level to mine...or will I still be losing at 50 points to combined level 90 teams?

I'm mostly trying to get a handle on how to get to a point where i have a reasonable 50/50 win loss ratio with the level of mutants I have now...whats the strategy here?

Personally, I think this point based matchmaking system is a load of crap. As everyone already noticed its full of flaws. To make it fair I think that thematchmaking system should be based on 3 factors.
    1. Evo level.
    2. Average star rating and;
    3. Average sum of the base damage of your collections 3 stongest mutants.